Peter Millett, MD, of Vail, Colo.-based The Steadman Clinic performed surgery on current Atlanta Falcons rookie defensive end Takkarist McKinley prior to the NFL draft, according to ESPN.
Here are five things to know:
1. Mr. McKinley suffered a torn labrum and fractured glenoid during his final season at UCLA.
2. Dr. Millett operated on Mr. McKinley in March.
3. Mr. McKinley said his recovery time would be around four months.
4. The defensive end was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft.
5. He hopes to be ready to play by training camp.